Monday, December 19, 2005

Your Menu, My Place

Mik -

First of all, I'm fairly certain I know why any discussion of Angel's future leads to an argument about youth potions. However, far be it from me to explain your spouse to you, particularly when I disagree with him, anyway. Potions that deal with aging are chancy things at best and downright dangerous at worst. If one could find or create a proper potion of youth - one that restores one's health and appearance - I might feel differently, but too many potions of longevity can lead to sudden death.

And I don't think anyone wants that.

On the subject of the gathering - If Daniel wants to head up this way, then I don't see any reason why it should be assumed that we're going to hold it at your mansion. In fact, I was hoping to have a smaller gathering than usual this year: Us, our spouses, and those children inclined to come. I have to admit, though, that the invitation of any VileRune to the gathering does incline me to acquiesce to your statement about location.

Speaking of that, from things Dmitri has said to me I'm not sure that a VileRune would be a particularly good match for Angel. Unless you can find one without the clan's proclivity toward...hm. No polite way to put that. Or one who would be willing to be completely ruled by his wife.

Remember, your daughter's best friend is a Paladin.

If there is to be a war, he'd better pick it with the Underdark. If he goes after the elves again my little multiracial community may have to secede or proclaim ourselves neutral or something. I have peace up here, Mik, as much as is possible. War is the last thing I want or need. Besides, the Underdark needs the drubbing far more than the elves do at this point.

The only reason I think of you for Tamsen is because I firmly believe that you would give him the sort of advice that will - if not keep him out of trouble - at least see that his proclivities are directed in a productive direction. That said, I'll probably send him to his grandmother in another couple of years; she is also a political creature and I suspect they'd understand each other.

I haven't heard anything from Callous in quite a while, no. However, I believe he's too busy with the temple to go on a crusade against the city's undead. His wife, perhaps. I mean, his wife might be on a crusade, not that he might be on a crusade against her. But, like you, I find it very difficult to care if someone is killing off Glenzor's undead; they were never anything but trouble for us, after all. I suppose if we (meaning the Scintillating Company) are asked to intervene something will come of it.

Don't become a lich, Mik. You'd hate the mess. Besides, I always figured you as going for Godhood as Zed did - if you were to go the immortal route.

As far as menu - how about a compromise? I'll let Brandon do the whole menu this year, if you'll agree that we should hold a smaller gathering up here this year.

Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home